Well I've finalised my LAN Box order last night and the order is processing as I write this.
I've had to make a few changes to the part's list that I posted initially thanks to advice from VeritronX (top bloke from OCAU forums and fellow gamer), and additional research I had conducted since my last post.
So here is the final parts list that I will be putting together around the end of this week, plenty of pics will be on the way as a build log!
- Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini-ITX
- Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Mini-ITX
- CPU: Intel i7-3770K
- GPU: EVGA GTX670 (reference)
- Memory: G.Skill Ares F3-1866Mhz 16GB kit (2x8GB Dimms)
- SSD: Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD
- HDD: Western Digital Black 2TB 7200rpm
- CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100
- Powersupply: Silverstone ST45SF 450W SFX
- Fans: BitFenix Spectre Pro 230mm Black Tinted Blue LED (front intake), 3x Silverstone Air Penetrator 120mm Blue LED
- OS: Windows Home Premium 64bit OEM
I decided the keep the colour theme to Black & Blue for this build. As the motherboard is blue, I picked out blue RAM sticks, and blue LED fans. Two of the Silverstone AP fans will be on the H100 mounted on the top of the case configured to intake air, and the third AP fan will be mounted at the back in an intake config as well. The idea is to create positive(+) air pressure in the case mainly because the side panel has holes without any dust filter attached so I don't want the case filling with dust constantly. Hence the reason for picking the 230mm front and Air Penetrators for their massive static pressure and relatively quiet performance.
If you haven't stopped reading by now I assume that I've got you interested, in that case I'd suggest you watch this space for more updates and plenty of pictures to come!